Materiel Celeste
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Materiel Celeste

Forum francophone pour les collectionneurs et créateurs de poupées

AccueilAccueil  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Lily: nouvelles <3

+5
EchoUndine
StargazingWaterDragon
Camylle
Mirving
Follow-the-Wind
9 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3  Suivant
AuteurMessage
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

Lily: nouvelles <3 Empty
MessageSujet: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 30 Nov 2020 - 1:59

Bonsoir~

Je suis désolée, mais je vais écrire en anglais, mon français est trop mauvais pour parler de ce sujet ^^;.
Ça, je peux le comprendre.

A couple of months ago I gave a try at sculpting a head, I still have to finish sanding her, then I can cut her open and carve the eyes (maybe).

This is the head, which I've named Maude.

Lily: nouvelles <3 50296883723_90e7e4c31c
Maude wip~ by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr
Lily: nouvelles <3 50297563006_1644934f62
Maude wip~ by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr

To be completely honest I'm now scared to death to touch her any further.
I did find a water based primer I can use on polymer clay in order to sand it and make it smooth(at least, I hope so, yay...).
I also tried it on a spare piece of clay to see if it was going to ruin it, which it wasn't.

However it took days for it to fully dry and it was super sticky in the meanwhile.
Since I've never used a primer before, I'm not sure if it's normal or not.

She was originally supposed to be a test, but now I really like her and I'd really like to not ruin her, so... yeah :/.

Anyhooow, any tips or opinions will be gladly accepted ^-^!

P.S. I'm currently sculpting another head, I'm still struggling with the simmetry, but I hope I can upload some pics soon enough.

Dernière édition par EchoUndine le Jeu 12 Aoû 2021 - 20:59, édité 8 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Follow-the-Wind

Follow-the-Wind

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 30 Nov 2020 - 8:49

(english below ^^)

Oh, elle est bien partie cette petite tête! Je comprends que tu n'aies pas envie de tout gâcher avec le ponçage et l'ouverture des yeux. Les surfaceurs font parfois de drôle de réaction avec les pâtes polymers... mais si maintenant c'est bien sec, il ne devrait plus y avoir de problème, non? Je ne pourrais pas t'aider plus, je travaille avec des pâtes qui sèchent à l'air, et qui n'ont pas de réaction avec les apprêts.

Je suis curieuse de voir ton autre tête maintenant!

Oh, that little head is really cute! I understand that you don't want to ruin everything with sanding and opening the eyes. Surfacers sometimes have a funny reaction with polymer clay... but if it's dry now, there shouldn't be any problem, right? I couldn't help you more, I work with air-drying pastes that don't react with primers.

I'm curious to see your other head now!
Mirving

Mirving

Genre : Wannabe

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 30 Nov 2020 - 13:27

Hello Echoundine.

The problem with polymer clays is the plasticizer. This is an oil that is added to PVC-based clay to make it soft. This oil will get evaporated (or react with the PVC, I'm not sure) when you bake the piece. The thing is that it does not totally disappear and it then interacts with any coating you will apply on the scuplture (including paint).

Would you be able to tell me what brand of coating you used?
We need to find you a coating that is not influenced by phthaltes or adipate oils.
Otherwise, I would advise to use the coatings of the same brand as your polymer clay if you can find one to suit your needs. They should be formulated not to react with the plasticizer.

Beside all this rambling, your head is very beautiful and I hope to see more from you. Wink Congrat's!

Bonjour Echoundine.

Le problème avec les argiles polymères, c'est souvent le plastifiant. Il s'agit d'une huile qui est ajoutée à l'argile à base de PVC pour la rendre souple. Cette huile va s'évaporer (ou réagir avec le PVC, je ne suis pas sûre) quand tu fais cuire la pièce. Le fait est qu'elle ne disparaît pas totalement et qu'elle interagit ensuite avec tout revêtement que tu appliqueras sur la sculpture (peinture comprise).

Pourrais-tu me dire quelle marque de primer tu as utilisée ?
Nous devons te trouver un primer qui ne soit pas influencé par des phtalates ou des huiles d'adipate.
Sinon, je te conseille d'utiliser les vernis de la même marque que ta pâte polymère si tu en trouves un qui te convient. Ils sont généralement formulés pour ne pas interagir avec le plastifiant résiduel.

Sinon, cette tête est très belle et j'espère en voir plus de ta part Wink Bravo!
http://www.mirving.deviantart.com/
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 30 Nov 2020 - 15:09

Thank you both for your reply ^-^!

Follow-the-Wind: can I ask you which kind of air-drying clay do you use?
I did check again the spare piece of clay I've coated with the primer and it stil has a couple of sticky spots .-.'', it's been weeks.
She reminds me Ade from Hercules xD.

Mirving: yes, I didn't know it at first, but you're not supposed to sand super sculpey once it's cured.
You should smooth everything out before firing it in the oven with a special liquid, which I've now, but it doesn't do miracles.
Also I think you should sculpt the whole thing before curing it, but I'm not good enough to do it in just one sitting. I need to cure the piece over and over in order to add new details without smashing the layers underneath.

I did try using the Vallejo primer spray for metal and plastic, it claims to be water based, but it's still reacting with the polymer clay somehow.

The clay I'm using is the super sculpey living dolls, which is nice to work with, but I'd like to find something I can sand, coat and resculpt after it's cured if needed.
Follow-the-Wind

Follow-the-Wind

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 30 Nov 2020 - 15:50

Ma pâte qui sèche à l'air préférée est la woodformo, mais je ne la trouve qu'au japon, donc les frais d'expédition sont assez chers. J'utilise aussi la Ladoll de temps à autre, mais elle a tendance à fissurer quand elle sèche.

My favorite air-drying clay is woodformo, but I only find it in Japan, so shipping is quite expensive. I also use Ladoll from time to time, but this one tends to crack when drying.
Mirving

Mirving

Genre : Wannabe

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 30 Nov 2020 - 17:16

EchoUndine a écrit:
Thank you both for your reply ^-^!

Mirving: yes, I didn't know it at first, but you're not supposed to sand super sculpey once it's cured.
You should smooth everything out before firing it in the oven with a special liquid, which I've now, but it doesn't do miracles.
Also I think you should sculpt the whole thing before curing it, but I'm not good enough to do it in just one sitting. I need to cure the piece over and over in order to add new details without smashing the layers underneath.

I did try using the Vallejo primer spray for metal and plastic, it claims to be water based, but it's still reacting with the polymer clay somehow.

The clay I'm using is the super sculpey living dolls, which is nice to work with, but I'd like to find something I can sand, coat and resculpt after it's cured if needed.

Yes. I made the same when i was trying out polymer clay. Sanding is no good. But so far, the only thing I am sure is that any acrylic based paint, primer or varnish will not be good for polymer clays. It reacts badly with acrylic paint too, fyi. XD

Now, I only use polymer clay for small stuff I can do in one go, like hands.
I think that with your work style, it may be worth it to try Epoxy putty such as "Milliput" or "Apoxie Sculpt".
It's a two part clay that you mix before using. It will cure at room temperature in 24h, and you can work with it for around 2h before it becomes too hard to sculpt. it can be smoothed down with water. It allows you to sand and make addition whenever you want. It is a lot tougher than paper clays like ladoll or others, and you can paint it.

The only drawbacks are the price and the fact that it can be difficult to come-by.

Oui. J'ai fait la même chose quand j'ai essayé la pâte polymère. Le ponçage ne fonctionne pas bien. Mais jusqu'à présent, la seule chose dont je suis sûre, c'est que toute peinture, apprêt ou vernis à base d'acrylique ne sera pas bon pour l'argile polymère. Lapâte polymère réagit mal aussi avec la peinture acrylique. XD

Maintenant, je n'utilise la pâte polymère que pour les petites choses que je peux faire en une fois, comme les mains.
Je pense qu'avec ton style de travail, cela vaut peut-être la peine d'essayer le mastic époxy comme le milliput ou l'Apoxie Sculpt.
C'est une pâte en deux parties que tu mélanges avant de l'utiliser. Elle durcira à la température de la pièce en 24 heures, et tu pourras travailler avec pendant 2 heures avant qu'elle ne devienne trop dure à sculpter. On peut la lisser avec de l'eau. Elle permet de poncer et de faire des ajouts quand on le souhaite. Elle est beaucoup plus dure que les argiles en papier comme le ladoll ou d'autres, et tu peux la peindre.

Les seuls inconvénients sont le prix et le fait qu'elle peut être difficile à trouver.
http://www.mirving.deviantart.com/
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptySam 12 Déc 2020 - 1:13

Thank you both, that's really helpful! I still have some supersculpey so I'm going to finish it, then I'll try the clays you've suggested, I also heard about plasticine...?

I think I'll try to cut the head as it is, fix the inside and make a mold out of it.
Then I'd like to cast it in cold porcelain, that way I should be able to continue working on her sanding.

It's all still very new to me, so will see if it works out somewhat ^^;.
Camylle

Camylle

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyMar 15 Déc 2020 - 13:58

Hi, your head is really, really sweet. I love her shape. I work a lot with super sculpey too, but that's because it's the only paste I can easily have. I heard and saw people using it with Apoxie as Mirving said, also it makes sculpey harder. Let's be honest, it breaks easily.
I am testing a lot of pastes too, the better way to do it is buying and trying to find the one that suits you better to work. I'll be trying fimo puppen for a head soon.
Also, thank you for the infos you provided about primers.
Wishing you a lot of luck, I look forward to see more and more of this doll !

Bonjour, ta tête est vraiment très, très mignonne. J'adore la forme que tu lui as donné. Je travaille beaucoup avec la super sculpey aussi, mais c'est parce que c'est la seule pâte à laquelle j'ai facilement accès. Comme l'a dit Mirving, j'ai entendu et vu des gens utiliser l'Apoxie avec la Sculpey pour la rendre plus dure et moins friable.
Je teste beaucoup de pâtes aussi, le meilleur moyen de savoir ce qu'elles valent, c'est de les essayer pour trouver celle qui conviendra le mieux pour travailler. Je vais tester la Fimo puppen pour faire une tête quand j'aurai un peu de temps.
Aussi, merci pour les informations sur les primers, ça me sera utile.
Je te souhaite beaucoup de chance, j'ai vraiment très hâte d'en voir plus à propos de cette petite poupée !
https://www.instagram.com/skrimsli_dolls/
StargazingWaterDragon

StargazingWaterDragon

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyMar 15 Déc 2020 - 14:50

Follow-the-Wind a écrit:
Ma pâte qui sèche à l'air préférée est la woodformo, mais je ne la trouve qu'au japon, donc les frais d'expédition sont assez chers. J'utilise aussi la Ladoll de temps à autre, mais elle a tendance à fissurer quand elle sèche.
My favorite air-drying clay is woodformo, but I only find it in Japan, so shipping is quite expensive. I also use Ladoll from time to time, but this one tends to crack when drying.

J'ai acheté une pâte a modeler Plastiroc de marque Giotto pour faire des essais, mais je n'ai aucune idée si c'est vraiment malléable et intéressant à travailler et surtout si c'est re-travaillable ^^'
Tu conseilles quoi pour un début ? Carrément de l'argile (Vieilles habitudes artistiques) ?
https://cherryparadise.skyrock.com/
Camylle

Camylle

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyMar 15 Déc 2020 - 15:24

StargazingWaterDragon a écrit:
Follow-the-Wind a écrit:

J'ai acheté une pâte a modeler Plastiroc de marque Giotto pour faire des essais, mais je n'ai aucune idée si c'est vraiment malléable et intéressant à travailler et surtout si c'est re-travaillable ^^'
Tu conseilles quoi pour un début ? Carrément de l'argile (Vieilles habitudes artistiques) ?

Je me permet un début de réponse, j'ai beaucoup utilisé la plastiroc ado (parce que c'était le seul truc auquel j'avais accès niveau pâte autodurcissante). Perso je trouve que c'est pas facile de bosser avec, elle est pas très fine, permet pas un niveau de détails super fou, mais pour essayer c'est sympa, je faisais mes figurines avec. Elle est aussi très fragile, si tu veux tenter de faire une poupée avec, la tension risque de casser tes pièces si elles sont trop fines ou si tes elastiques sont trop tendus. Pandalilou a travaillé avec pour ses poupettes, Sugar-Junki aussi si mes souvenirs sont bons pour sa ratoune. Si tu n'utilises pas tout, il faut bien refermer le paquet avec un peu d'eau dedans pour pas qu'elle sèche.

J'aime bien l'argile pour se refaire la main et travailler en gros, faire du brouillon presque Wink J'ai pris un pain de 5kg, ça me permet de travailler sur mes masques aussi pour couler les négatifs. L'avantage, c'est que tu peux la réutiliser à l'infini si tu tu la conserve bien (genre un sceau qui ferme ou avec un plastique dessus, ou carrément un sac plastique bien hermétique genre sac poubelle et tu vaporises bien de l'eau dessus). Pour la travailler tu as juste besoin d'un pshit pshit avec de l'eau pour lui éviter de sécher quand tu es dessus.

Follow t'apporteras plus d'éléments de réponse je pense.

(Je suis très curieuse sur la Woodformo et sa... curieuse texture j'avoue)
https://www.instagram.com/skrimsli_dolls/
StargazingWaterDragon

StargazingWaterDragon

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyMar 15 Déc 2020 - 20:47

Merci Camylle pour ton retour !!!
Perso je préfère le naturel donc je vais me procurer de l’argile ^^
https://cherryparadise.skyrock.com/
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyDim 4 Avr 2021 - 16:27

Hiya everyone :3,

So... I've some news about my sculpting journey that I'd like to share with you ^-^.

I've finally cut my Maude's head and it went... ok all considered.

The face itself it's fine, but the head need to be reworked because it got damaged in the process, it's gonna be a bit tricky but I should be able to fix it. I ended up cutting her as a plate, while it would have been so much easier to have the full head and a separate backcap, but I didn't realize until it was too late xD.

I'll put some pics of the current progress tomorrow ^-^.
I've also decided to start the body once I've fixed the head.

Other than that I've started sculpting digitally (since my boyfriend convinced me that we ''absolutely needed'' a 3d printing, I've also decided that I had to learn how to use 3d programs so... yeah).
I'm using it since a few days and I've modeled and printed a daruma doll.
I'm a huge fan of Daruma dolls and I thought it was a project simple enough to start with, if you like a can upload its pictures as well ^^.

Also here there's another head I'd like to finish, I'm still working on her ears and other stuff but I'm a bit stuck... it's hard <<''.
Lily: nouvelles <3 51094169972_9331990248
Head1front by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr
Lily: nouvelles <3 51094169957_2c085a9c8f
Head1profile by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr

Dernière édition par EchoUndine le Mer 7 Avr 2021 - 13:31, édité 1 fois
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyLun 5 Avr 2021 - 18:18

One thing I'm working on these last couple of days. I've no idea how to cut the eyes open nor the joints (if you've any tips I'd love to hear them).

Lily: nouvelles <3 51096862467_aeedf26b45_o
Girl wip by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr
Lily: nouvelles <3 51096846809_152fb839d7_o
Lily: nouvelles <3 51096846794_156a92c971_o
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyMar 6 Avr 2021 - 14:51

La belle au bois dormant <3

Lily: nouvelles <3 51098678339_a8d74b56d8_o
Sleeping beauty by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr
EchoUndine

EchoUndine

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 EmptyMer 7 Avr 2021 - 15:32

Updates!
I've been keeping working on this girl and I've learned a way to make the joints (I think, we'll see xD).
So far I've made her neck joint, which is probably the easier to make, of course I'll not know if it actually works until I'll have her all printed ^^;.
I'll upload a screen of it later on.

Anyway, I've reworked a bit her face and I've started adding more muscles and structure to her body, I've also adjusted her proportions. I'd like to join her arms to the bust piece because it would be easier to build up a correct anatomy, but the cutting method on Blender still confuse me, so I'll keep them separate for now since I don't know if I would be able to split them again.

Lily: nouvelles <3 51101210047_98dd044b85_o
Senza titolo-1 by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr

Also, the second head! ^-^

Lily: nouvelles <3 51101102911_feddb9935f_o
head 2 open eyes by e c h o u n d i n e, su Flickr
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Lily: nouvelles <3   Lily: nouvelles <3 Empty

Lily: nouvelles <3
Page 1 sur 3Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3  Suivant